Thursday, January 17, 2013

17 of 95: Get with the times, new roman

17. Companies that assume online markets are the same markets that used to watch their ads on television are kidding themselves.

[Part 16]

Remember television ads?

Yeah, me neither. I do get a rather unpleasant sensation whenever I encounter them, though. They speak at me, in a voice that presupposes the strangest things. Such as me thinking that the purchase of a random item will somehow be a religious experience, bringing me closer to the Essence of Being and fulfilling the void that is my life without these items -

Like I said, the strangest things.

I'm one of those people who do not have a television set. At all. I stopped watching as a child, and never got around to start again. When I move out of my parents home, I didn't bother to bring or buy something that could talk television at me - I didn't need one, after all.

And the strangest thing isn't that I went about life without television. The strangest thing is that I'm not the least strange these days. I am legion - one of many who can't be bothered with doing it old style.

There's something new going on. Let's keep it on, and the telly off.

I'll see you tomorrow for part eighteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment